He is an orthopaedic surgical trainer on the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Royal London Hospital, Percival Pott and East Anglian Specialist Orthopaedic Registrar Training Schemes.
He was for more than 10 years a member of the Court of Examiners of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and examined for the Intercollegiate MRCS Diploma. He is currently an Inter-Collegiate Assessor working with all four Royal Surgical Colleges to ensure and maintain the quality of UK and Ireland professional surgical examinations conducted both within Great Britain and Ireland and around the world.
With an interest in trauma care, he is a past ATLS® Faculty Member and Course Director and has taught on ATLS® Instructor Courses. He is an active member of the AOUK Faculty (Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen) and has lectured nationally and internationally on skeletal trauma surgery. Mr Lyall is a Member of the Wilderness Medical Services Institute – Europe and has lectured on annual WEMT and Doctor Courses at the Scottish National Outdoor Training Centre at Glenmore Lodge in Aviemore.
Mr Lyall is a member of the following professional bodies:
- General Medical Council (Registration No. 3075973)
- Medical Protection Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of the British Trauma Society
- Faculty Member of AOUK (Arbeitsgemeinshaft für Osteosynthesefragen)
- Member and Past President, The Cambridge Orthopaedic Club
Download a copy of Mr Lyall’s CV in PDF format.