Clinical Private Practice
- Dupuytren's contracture, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger thumb, wrist fracture –
high quality service by Harry Lyall
In his private practice Harry Lyall offers a high quality and personal service within the field of hand and wrist surgery.
With a solid grounding in two hand surgery fellowships at home and in Europe and now more than 20 years experience as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon he provides highly experienced assessment and advice about all disorders of the hand and wrist.
He has particular experience in:
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- trigger finger and trigger thumb
- de Quervain's disease and de Quervain's tenosynovitis
- Dupuytren's disease and Dupuytren's contracture
- osteoarthritis of the thumb
- osteoarthritis of the fingers
- osteoarthritis of the wrist
- scaphoid fractures
- scaphoid fracture non-unions
- wrist ganglions
- other ganglions
- fractures of the hand and wrist
- distal radial fractures and Colles' fractures
De Quervain’s disease, hand fracture, thumb arthritis or ganglions? Mr Lyall can help you with your problem
Assessments require an initial outpatient clinic appointment. Some problems can be diagnosed there and then, but others require special tests which can include x-rays, ultrasound scans, CT scans or MRI scans or blood tests.
Harry Lyall treats problems without surgery whenever possible, often with the help of highly experienced Specialist Hand Therapists at Springfield Hospital. Injections of steroid are sometimes appropriate, and these can on occasions be given during the clinic visit.
Operations are performed at either at Springfield Hospital in Chelmsford or at The Chelmsford Day Surgery Hospital, usually with the assistance of Dr Graham Philpott, Consultant Anaesthetist and under general or local anaesthetic as appropriate.
His aim is to provide a personal and high quality service to his patients to allow a swift and successful recovery from problems involving the hand and wrist.